Sunday, September 20, 2009

Deck Construction One: Full-Faction Forsaken Wastes

Starting out, I'm going to take a long look at my Forsaken Wastes runes and see if there's something I could compose in a full faction direction. Taking my cue from the great deck-building articles on Star City Games and the Wizards of the Coast Magic site, I'm going to put a BG together, then run it through its paces, then modify, then retest.

I'm thinking a good order of operations is to run the deck through the beginner battles for both alignments, giving a good re-think after every two games, and then trot it into the ranked play for, say, five games. It's a bit tricky because I could very well lose these games, so I'm holding off saying I have to complete one of the campaigns before I change the set.

We'll see how it goes. First though, the list of everything I have in FW as of right now.

CHAMPIONS
Abomination
Afflicted Corpse x2
Angel of Death
Animated Blade x2
Anthropomancer x2
Arctic Beast x2
Bile Zombie
Bladed Corpse
Blood Fiend x2
Bonecrusher x2
Boneguard Infantry x2
Broken Bones x2
Carrion Colossus
Cleric of Unrest x2
Collection of Souls x2
Crossbone x2
Dark Enchantress x2
Dark Messenger x2
Dark Seductress x2
Dead Fairy
Death Guard
Death Harvester
Decayed Mercenary x2
Disturbed Spirit x2
Essence Devourer
Eternal Lich
Ethereal Soldier
Executioner x2
Fallen Draksar
Festering Corpse x2
Forsaken Follower x2
Grekin
Lich King
Mute Stalker
Necromancer
Necrotaur x2
Risen Yeti x2
Shadestalker x2
Skeezick Boneblade x2
Skeletal Berserker x2
Skeletal Raider
Utterdark Spectre
Vampyre
Wandering Zombie x2

SPELLS
Chain Lightning
Delay x2
Drain the Earth
Essence Drain x2
Festering Wounds
Ghostly Visage x2
Mobilization x2
Necrosis x2
Necroweave x2
Plague x2
Reanimate
Soul Cage x2
Spell Trap
Throw Bones
Wake the Dead
Weaken x2

RELICS
Chopping Block x2
Elsari Bazaar x2
Elsarin Vex (Virtual)
Graveyard
Mist of the Dead
Skull of Decay

EQUIPMENT
Ethereal Mindshank x2
Fleshsewn Helm
Ghost Pendant
Reaper's Blade
Sacrificial Dagger x2
Shield of Darkness x2

No comments:

Post a Comment